Christie’s Credibility Questioned

January 29, 2015

All Posts, Features, News

Nick Mead, the British documentarian who spent more than four years and a small fortune making a film about former Hells Angel George Christie, has killed the project because he came to doubt Christie’s credibility.

The film, titled The Last American Outlaw, had secured two distribution deals for all formats including theatrical, DVD, television and downloads. A year ago Mead called the documentary “the film the government doesn’t want you to see.”

The movie was last screened at the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts is Pilton, England in May 2014.

Most of the film was shot while Christie was under indictment for conspiring to firebomb two Ventura, California tattoo shops named “Scratch the Surface” and “Twisted Ink” in July 2007. Christie was one of the founders of the Angels’ Ventura charter and he was voted out in bad standing from the club in 2011. Throughout the production, Christie maintained that he had “retired” from the club.

Out Bad

In the course of a tape recorded, multi-day interview in October 2013, Christie told The Aging Rebel he had been expelled from the Angels. And, he explained his estrangement from his old club like this:

“They asked me to think about it. I came back on Friday. I went to the meeting and they were confused because they thought I was just stepping down as president. I told them I was leaving the club. I said my mind is made up. I had my stuff waiting at the house. I said anybody who has anything to say to me say it to me now. Okay, out in good standing. We love you brother. You’re going to stop by aren’t you? You know you’re always welcome. The door is always open.”

“Two weeks later I get the phone call…. ‘Your status has changed to out bad no contact….. Well there’s people who think you might influence the club. The club got raided last Friday night and we think you had something to do with the raid.’”

“So that’s it. After forty years. That’s it? A phone call. I don’t even get to come and defend myself. He says, ‘No, that’s it. It’s a done deal all over the world.’ I go, ‘Okay. Let me tell you now. If any of you guys approach me I’m gonna assume it’s on. Because I know what out bad no contact means.’”

Plea Deal

During his most recent legal trouble, Christie faced two charges that carried minimum sentences of 30 years each and another charge that carried a mandatory sentence of life. He went on trial in January 2013. According to a knowledgeable source speaking on condition of anonymity, most of Christie’s defense would have examined the means and methods used to entrap and bully members of motorcycle clubs. Both former Mongol Al Cavazos and former Bandido President George Wegers were prepared to testify on Christie’s behalf. The judge in the case, George H. Wu, practically begged the adversaries to reach a plea deal. The two sides agreed to a deal on February 1, 2013.

The next day Christie issued a written statement that read:

“The man that law enforcement  is pursuing no longer exists. Like the Western outlaws of old he walked into a new century and vanished. He is gone, and I ask you to let him rest in peace.

“It’s true, for forty years I rode with the Hells Angels. Thirty-five of those as one of its leaders and spokesmen. Although I am no longer a member or participant in that lifestyle, it is hard to separate my past from the present for many people, as well as the man from the myth, and that includes myself at times.

“Over time I have tried to become smarter, wiser and more tempered. I’ve not always taken the correct turns in life but when I have realized I was off course I have always tried my best to once again find true north.

“Several years ago I made a decision to not just relinquish my office, but to end my tenure as a club member: A difficult personal decision I knew would arouse suspicion in many. Through providence, I found myself on a road down which I was no longer willing to take my wife and young son.

“As a leader, you can either fish each day for your men or teach them to fish for themselves. I thought I had taught them the art of fishing. I made a mistake in judgment as their leader. And, as I slowly let go of power it created a vacuum. That set off a power struggle that created a series of events that brings me before the court.

“Although I did not personally direct anyone, I accept that if I am truly guilty of anything it is a lack of leadership. So I stand here before you ready to accept the punishment for the crimes I’ve pled guilty to and once again find true north.”

Christie was sentenced by Wu in August 2013 to serve a year in prison. Since then, virtually every document filed in the case has been sealed including all the motions to seal.

Mead decided to spike the film after he was unable to verify details of Christie’s plea agreement.

Mead Says

In a written statement this morning, Mead said:

“I wanted this to be a film based on hard facts and truths. Unfortunately I no longer believe in this film nor it’s subject matter. As a filmmaker you only have so many films in you and each one is sacred. Making films for me has never been about the money, but about the truth of the moment. This has become a film I can no longer stand by and be proud of .

I always have been and remain very respectful of, as well as inspired by, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, and this continues.”

Eastern TV

Christie was released from federal prison last fall.

Since his release, he has been negotiating to appear in a six part reality television series about his life to be produced by a New York production company named Eastern TV. The series would be cablecast on The History Channel.

Eastern TV has previously produced the television series Crazy Hearts Nashville, Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, When Robots Rule, Apocalypse Island and Cocaine: History Between The Lines.

In a casting notice last year for the as yet untitled show, Eastern wrote:

“Are you a man with miles of hard road behind you, ready to ride toward a bold new horizon? Read on…

“We’re looking for a family man who has spent years in loyal service to his motorcycle club and wants to kick start a new life starring in a brave new series commissioned by a major cable network. If you’re an outlaw with a heart of gold your greatest adventure might be about to begin…by sending us an email.”

“You need to be hard and uncompromising, with a personality big enough to fill the screen. Your family is as important as you are. If you’ve got a little girl you can’t say ‘no’ to and a wife who knows exactly how to tell you ‘no,’ we’re off to a great start. You need to be ready to put the outlaw years behind you and make a new start at something totally different. It’s great if you know what you want to do next, but if not, having the desire is enough: we can help with the rest.”

For George Christie, what is next will not include Mead’s documentary.

, , , ,

150 Responses to “Christie’s Credibility Questioned”

1. Shyster Says:

CN,

I once saw John Tolos in a Trader Joes in Monterey Park, CA. I was about 10 years old so it was 1975. It was like seeing Jesus.

Shyster

2. Jim666 Says:

WARTHOG Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 8:46 pm
    @ alan B’stard MP (@alanBStardmp),

You really is an outsider, ain’t ya? I guarantee I’m not the only patch convicted of something I didn`t do.

You know it brother !
    lol

3. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

of course he did it. His HA mates said as much

4. WARTHOG Says:

@ alan B’stard MP (@alanBStardmp),

You really is an outsider, ain’t ya? I guarantee I’m not the only patch convicted of something I didn’t do. Fuck off, you fucking simpleton.

warthog

FTP FTF FTW ACAB

5. X-DOG Says:

@Forever

As a former Ventura resident I can assure you BillyG is anything but a coward . I don’t have any opinion or insight about Mr. Christie personally but I do know if Mr. G does its legitimate .

6. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Va.Bob Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 6:32 am

Filmmakers do shelve projects from time to time.And it’s not like Mead had a fortune in this one.As far as this A. Bastid Mudpuppy chump goes, what a disrespectful post he put after an obituary honoring a legendary figure.Speaks for itself.”

An ” obituary ” Christie isn’t dead. Legendary figure who sells drugs to schoolkids and was convicted for it?

What sort of man are you?

7. Phuquehed Says:

@Sieg – Damn straight man!!

@Freeman – The Asshole song was made *just* for the trolls!

8. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Ol’LadyRider Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 8:14 am

” Alan said (in response to an insightful idea about what may or may not have happened) :”Nonsense. He can easily get into USA again. He is a filmaker who has worked with Dennis Hopper, and mainstream Television.”

This statement, more than any other you’ve made in Rebel’s house, shows just how uninformed you really are. Looks like you have work to do… Better get to it.”

Perhaps you’d like to qualify that statement

9. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Wingman Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 7:29 am

I’m a little bit lost here. Last May, following a link I thought I found here, I bought a copy of something called, “The Last American Outlaw” on eBay. It came with a smalllish poster purportedly signed by George Christie and a DVD. It looks like all the various youTube trailers and I recognize Rebel, so I have no reason to think that it’s a forgery. My question is how do you cancel a movie that people have already bought? I can’t find any other copies on eBay, so is that it? You just don’t sell any more copies of it? I’m not trying to be an @$$hole, just trying to figure out what Mead is doing.”

Good question. May be promo copy. Could be the TV version is different and the legals there are more sensitive

10. Freeman Says:

To all trolls like bastard, 1 tard and the likes,Were you born with this condition, or did you have to really work hard at it?

11. Fckusers Says:

@wingman @one eye; those copies were sold by George trying to make money for himself.but that’s his mo. The website said the money was going to him and They were advanced screening copies. The eBay seller was located in Ventura, ca. and it was listed on other websites as well. Haha real stand up guy trying to make money any way he can what a joke doubt he asked Mead if he could sell them

12. WARTHOG Says:

Seig says:

“I’m a racist, straight-up, but I’d run with a Black PH, hell, just a plain old respectable criminal shine, before I’d have anything to do with one of these trolls.”

LMFAO! Ain’t that the truth?!

CN,

Your posts are spot on.

I own a copy of the pre-release. Thought it was a good film.

L&R,

warthog

FTP FTF FTW ACAB

13. Sieg Says:

Lil fella keeps saying “Dennis Hopper” like it means something.

Ya know, i got no problem talking with scooter-trash or just plain riders with whom i disagree, or who have differing allegiances, but fuck a bunch of cheese-eating, dick- breath, take it up the ass, wanna be a man faggot punks who don’t even ride, let alone fly a Patch.

14. Tooj Says:

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
    – Voltaire

“Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.”
    – H. L. Mencken (1860 -1956)

15. One Eye Says:

@Wingman: I won an Ebay auction of the movie as well, but I believe they were promotional copies. In fact mine had a really poorly placed, stuck on label that made the DVD spin out of balance and make a loud noise until I removed it. I’m certain those weren’t commercial releases

I don’t understand what it is about these trolls that makes them post these verbose rants. Do they fancy themselves pundits or intellectually stimulating? The brief snippet that I did catch while performing a cursory read was, “Nonsense. He can easily get into USA again. He is a filmaker who has worked with Dennis Hopper, and mainstream Television.

He can report what he likes so long as it’s accurate..”

Perhaps the corruption, collusion and lying perpetrated by the government to discredit and imprison certain individuals has eluded him. “He can report what he likes as long as it’s accurate” Good luck on your next unicorn hunt.

16. panamaa Says:

What Oldskewl said……….

17. Ol'LadyRider Says:

18. Oldskewl Says:

I hate the fucking internet!
    It brings the lowest form of humanity to your doorstep and makes you have to deal with it. Some of you clowns need to have your fucking tongues cut out and your heads caved in. Sometimes, it’s the only remedy for stupidity.

OS

19. Wingman Says:

20. Va.Bob Says:

21. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

” Bruka Says:
    February 3rd, 2015 at 3:50 am

Ignore B’stard – he’s trying to push peoples buttons – first he insults a club by comparing them to “Islamic Crooks” and now he pushes the race issue. He knows that in the past that has sparked debate amongst the regular posters on this site. Also the “Gangsters on Wheels” thing is something he knows will get a response. Ignore the troll. B’stard, you can respond to me all you want, call me nasty names and all that crap – i couldn’t give a fuck what you think and won’t be responding to you.”

Fucking idiot. I posted the evidence they are Islamic crooks. Comments Still under moderation, that’s why you can’t see it

22. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

yes I have. I have shown that in Australia they are gangsters, Islamic freaks and Islanders. They are NOT traditonal bikers

HA and Bandidos are virtually black clubs

Read what I send

23. popeye Says:

Be careful B’stard will bust a caps lock in you.

24. Phuquehed Says:

The only “gangsters on wheels” I know of, are the pigs and fedtards, and the cartel gangs being allowed to cross into our country by the fucktard-in-chief and even let loose if caught.

Other than that, B’tard, you *haven’t* presented any “evidence”.

25. Road Whore Says:

@ alan B’stard MP (@alanBStardmp), who stated: “These people today are not bikers having too much to drink and brawling & raising hell. They are gangsters on wheels, and so many of them are not white”

Oh…you must be referring to LEO and our federal government. Police are well known for their graft and corruption…”gangsters on wheels?”…boy, does that describe the Chicago police department back in the day, that told to me from multiple sources including a friend who grew up there who informed me that it was common practice to have some money stashed with your drivers license to pass along to the cop who stopped you for no good reason other than to threaten you until you caved in with some type of bribe; and from at least one former Chicago LEO who told me that was the most corrupt police force he’d ever worked in and he, actually being a cop of standards, got the hell out of there as fast as he could and never looked back.

And of course our drug-running, gun-running, et al, federal government needs no explanation as to why it has become synonymous with the term gangster. And so many of them are not white. Hail to the Chief.

Ride Free

26. Bruka Says:

27. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Sieg Says:
    February 2nd, 2015 at 10:24 am

Gents, don’t waste a minit of your life typing at the thing that signs itself alan bastard. It’s a fucking troll that’s on the net like a rash inside a fat hookers thighs on a hot Miami night.
    FTF / FTP

This troll presents evidence.

Face it. 1% are not what they used to be. These people today are not bikers having too much to drink and brawling & raising hell. They are gangsters on wheels, and so many of them are not white

28. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

BillyG Says:
    February 2nd, 2015 at 8:18 pm

@forever

” Let’s get the record straight, not once have I brought up any club let alone the number 1 club in the world that I am a very big supporter of (due your homework) but you have mentioned that piece of shit punks name in the same sentence with a group that he has no affiliation with what so ever!
    OUT BAD MEANS OUT BAD!
    See ya soon forever ”

Correct Billy, and I suspect the reason mead is not showing the film is he presented Christie as The last American outlaw ” the HA’s favourite son ( Barger excepted )

Mead then found Christie is not so popular with the club for whatever reason, maybe selling drugs to schoolkids, for which he was convicted

No use making a film about a great guy and finding out he’s really a cunt. That would make the producer look an idiot. So the film doesn’t show

Mead has worked for and with mainstream Television and Dennis Hopper, among others. He is well known, and he won’t risk his reputation for Christie, for matters that are as yet unknown to us

There’s got to be a reason

29. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Sieg Says:
    February 2nd, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Mead is a Brit. Simplest answer is that if he releases the movie, he never gets into the States again.”

He can report what he likes so long as it’s accurate. How many times do you need to be told. Filmakers don’t go the the time and expense to produce a film to pre release only to can it, without good reason

30. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

Anonymous Says:
    February 2nd, 2015 at 8:37 am

” Had I been drinking something when I read this ^ I might have died.

I’m really hoping Michael Bay picks this project up and we get a movie about a 50 foot tall, alien, robot, biker.”

You obviously haven’t been reading my posts. In Australia, the 1% scene is mainly Islamic, and pacific Islander. that is a fact

Criminal bikie gangs boost numbers with young Muslim and Eastern European recruits

DETECTIVER SUPERINTENDENT SCOTT WHYTE: Once you get a few people of a certain ethnic grouping going into an outlawed motorcycle gang, others will follow, and before long, they become the majority in some gangs, and that’s what we’re seeing right now. Have those people got less respect? Yes, I think so. I think we’re seeing a more violent style of conflict at the moment and I think that’s partly the reason for it.

It has since emerged Boskovski was a co-director in a company with convicted Punchbowl terrorist Khaled Sharrouf, who was jailed in 2005 for plotting to blow up the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor.

About 15 minutes later, Hijazi, 18, the cousin of Comanchero southern chapter president Mick Hijazi, was shot in the chest at least five times as he walked through a carpark in Bexley, just 3km away. Paramedics treated the teenager at the car park and took him to St George Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

31. CN Says:

I like most people have “secret sins” as in things I like that most would consider undesireable and one I’ll confess here is televised so called “Professional Wrestling” or the WWE if you like. I know it’s mindless and truly without value but I’ve been watching it since I was a kid in the 60’s and although it’s not something I DVR or schedule my evenings around, if it’s on and nothing much else is, I’ll watch it. I state that to state this; a lot of the trash talking I’m reading in these comments aimed at Mr. Christie is identical or worse than the trash talking done on the WWE (actually some of these comments make what’s said on the WWE look inspired by comparison). And, I still maintain these comments look as if they originated from the likes of John Ciccone and/or Steve Cook, perhaps even members of the i.o. cult but far from actual FP Members of any reputable Motorcycle Club of long standing. I can appreciate polar opposite points of view provided they have the merit of facts and look as if they have an informed source however that is none of these which reek of toilet stall graffiti designed to exacerbate an already miserable situation for all those concerned. Some have even devolved into threats of violence which is laughable given that nobody is within spitting distance of each other.

Whether a man receives a Court Martial after a long military carreer or becomes Out Bad after decades with a Motorcycle Club, it is never seen as a reason to kick him when he’s down. The Court Martial or Out Bad status usually causes those who remain a certain loss and feeling akin to a death in the family, only a punk would celebrate such a turn of fortunes. Some of us were trained as Probates/Prospects that it’s hard to get a patch but much harder to keep it and no matter how long you stay in the Club, the patch belongs to the Club and can be taken back regardless of rank or seniority. I’ve seen this happen in real time and afterwords never saw a party break out when the man had to leave or a shit load of trash talking begin once you heard his bike ride away. Regardless of the why and how of it, this is a very intense time for both Mr. Christie and his former Club and one would hope that an appropriate sense of respect for both would pervade any discussion of what has transpired. The insults, name calling and chest beating should stay religated to Monday Nights on the USA Network.

32. BillyG Says:

@forever
    OUT BAD MEANS OUT BAD!
    See ya soon forever

33. Dr. Sardonicus Says:

Respect to those who extended their welcome back. @FF – I must remember to lower the volume at 3AM when clicking your links. Thank you, brother.

34. Dr. Sardonicus Says:

@Sieg: “…but I do know enough to know that no real PH of the club involved would be running off at the lip about club bidness here.”

Unless it is by proxy. Then everything changes.

35. red rims Says:

Thank u nick mead for ditching the movie. Gonna have to side with Billy g.he seems to know what a dick sucker George is…

36. Forever Says:

@ BillyG ;
    I didn’t mean to forget or want to ignore your “oh so” brash and illiterate comment(s) on the topic here , but the more Intelligent ,Informative & Common Sense of regular posters here on the subject at hand made my attention span focus on THEM instead of your mundane drivel & bullshit rant complete with the name calling of a high school pussy.
    COWARDS usually call names and address others by derogatory labels that they themselves are DESCRIBED AS& Usually correct .
    YOU have no intelligent remarks or proof bearing comments regarding this topic.
    All you have is a keyboard and agenda that reeks of Cowardice & IGNORANCE .

You’ve shown yourself to be a sideline wannabe internet reader and a big mouthed COWARD that likes to fan the flames of controversy ,enter into conversations with a poisoned tongue merely to cause disruption – and feed into an argument or present yourself in a stance that has credibility of which YOU HAVE NONE WHATSOEVER .

I again say to A COWARD like YOU : try saying what YOU posted here to ANY HAMC Member ,Prospect,Hangaround or George Himself.

37. Dasein Says:

Shrewd, Sieg, as usual.

38. Sieg Says:

39. Wolfenlover Says:

Don’t ya’ll see that FOREVER is VINCE??!! Guess not. Pretty sad a lyin’
    bastard is forgiven if he’s an 81 SUPPORTER.

40. popeye Says:

@freeman
    Thats the first thing that makes sense.

41. One Eye Says:

@Freeman: That was the first thing that crossed my mind. In this day where the only thing separating the “good guys” from the bad guys is a cheap suit, a bad haircut and a briefcase, who’s to say that Mead’s head wasn’t put in a vise and he agreed to drop the movie before his eye popped out.

42. Freeman Says:

I remember it being dubbed,”the movie government doesn’t want you to see” is it possible the government really didn’t want you to see it, could it be maybe just maybe the legal mafia pressured mead to drop it, thus render it fake?

Dunno if mead is a wuss or not, but i do know when those pricks want something, they got a shitload of intimidation and scare tactics they will use, the machine doesn’t have empathy or a soul and even less morals.

43. P-body Says:

Rebel,
    I’m going to take a risk here and use some common sense and logic. 40 years and at least two arrests with substantial time involved. George didn’t roll over then, so he’ll roll now? And a week ago none of this was on the radar. Does anyone know Mr. Mead? Like him or hate him, George was respected and above reproach until these allegations.

By condemning and convicting Mr. Christie without an impartial perspective ( Thank you Rebel ) aren’t we as bad as as Law Enforcement? And regarding this latest scrape with the judicial system, if the Judge wanted both sides to come to an agreement ( weak case ) and George did time, does that sound like a debrief?

I used to describe hanging out with George and family like hanging out with Ozzy Nelson, if Ozzy could kick your ass. Keyboard cowards disgust me, either man up, or shut up.

Thanks Rebel, big respect to you.

44. Sieg Says:

FTF / FTP

45. Anonymous Says:

“…which is nothing more than an Islamic crooks barbeque where I’m from.”

Had I been drinking something when I read this ^ I might have died.

46. Paladin Says:

alan B’stard MP (@alanBStardmp),

You’re very much like Halley’s Comet; streaking through the cosmos of the Internet, on some preordained flight path that you obviously are helpless to control.

Like Halley’s Comet, if you would be gracious enough to try and limit your appearance here to once every 75-76 years, I’m sure more than a few would be grateful.

Paladin

47. Shovelhead Says:

Alan Bitch,
    Typical response from a Coward!! No, you’ll never voice your opinion to any 1%er’s face because you’re a pussy. Matter of fact, I’m willing to bet you pissed your pants writing your first response to this site!
    By the way, you’re not voicing your opinion here, you’re disrespecting and attacking people. But then again, what else could we expect from a coward like you.
    Maybe Rebel can tell us where you are, I’m sure one of us would like to meet you.

Respect to 1%er’s

48. alan B'stard MP (@alanBStardmp) Says:

@forever

Hey, Dopey. I don’t need to attend an HA function, which is nothing more than an Islamic crooks barbeque where I’m from. I need only produce the evidence on the net. I am free to agree/disagree with whom I like

As for the movie, why ask G C? Why not ask the producer

I said

“To all

There is no point in going to the expensive process of a making a film, going through to post production, and pre release, then canning it. It’s a false economy. So something, some verifiable info must have had influence on the producer to can the film ”

Now think about it

49. Forever Says:

Reply @ REBEL :
    Thank You for the Respectful, in depth and informative Reply to my post. I too look forward to whatever your coverage and investigation unearths & to reading it on your Blog regarding Mead’s Bailing out of his film project with George Christie.
    I’m NOT questioning YOUR coverage or Intent/Agenda and unbiased stance in any way.
    I’ve spoken with George & asked his interpretation / opinion of Nick Mead’s stance posted here about the dropping of the entire project and HE Said ” I have NO Idea why ” .
    I Only Know George as a Respected & Revered Former Club President & REAL Friend.

To Anyone else here like : BillyG or alan B’Stard MP ( or the rest of the peanut gallery ) that doesn’t like or agree with MY posts or interaction on this blog ~ You individuals need to grow a set of BALLS and attend any HAMC Function and ask ,discuss , talk about – or voice your opinions or stance with FULL PATCH Members,Prospects or Hangarounds & see where it gets YOU.

50. FF Says: